Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back with a Bang

Hello my Frugal Divas. I've been gone for a minute, I'm back with some exciting tales. First off I've been out and about saving insane amounts of money. First off was last week when I walk into one of my favorite thrift stores, Step Up, on the corner of Monroe and Ponce de Leon. To my delight, every item with a yellow price tag was 50 cents in the home section down in the basement. I ended up spending $9.00 plus tax, bringing my total to a whopping $9.42. I scored 18 items, including a portable high chair by CHICO.
Of course I was on a Fab Find high. I didn't think I could top myself. Only to walk into the same store a couple days later to be told  they were having the "stuff all the clothes you can into a white garbage bag for 10.99" sale. Needless to say, I got my stuff on.
Then I walked into Old Navy and it was "take an additional 30% off the clearance price day". I picked up some great things for my daughter for next summer.
When it was all said and done, I was left asking myself, " why haven't been shopping like this all these years?" I really feel like I don't EVER want to shop retail again. Or at least not ever by anything full price. Think of all the money I could have been saving. I have realized that thrift stores are a Frugal Divas best keep secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment